March 26, 2011

----------<> Let's Go Fly a Kite <>----------


These guys love kites... And I mean true love.
It seems like we have new kites being built weekly.
Today found Ben and Annie flying $2 kites from Dennis Company
{our local hardware store}.
But still, they spruced up their $2 purchases.
Dad's striped surveying tape made such a groovy tail.

But my favorite part of all has got to be the fishing poles. How creative is that? I mean, why didn't I think of that when I was little? But then, I wasn't a kite addict either.








I loved soaking in these sights today. These moments are something I've wanted to capture for a long time. This is a regular part of our lives...



 The sun rarely shines here, but the wind is our next door neighbor. I'm thankful. As much as I miss the sun, we have wind and rain.




And kites.



8 comments:

Johan said...

Fishing poles. WOW. I am totally going to try that next week.

Mrs. Honey Bee said...

Thank you Kami! Beautiful!! xoxo mom

Mrs. S said...

~Beautiful post~
How fun! They're brilliant!

Laura said...

AH! I just love the way they think. This is a priceless post!

Also, the photo with the blue roof top ~ may be one of my favorite Kam photos yet! <3 <3

Vienna Jacobson said...

Hey Kami!

My little brother were doing this today :) But they did not use fishing poles!! I didn't get any picture because I was bed ridden... but Maybe soon!!

Vienna Jacobson
Steppingintoglory.blogspot.com

Miss C the Second said...

Aw! You guys are my most faithful blog commenters! Thank YOU for sharing!

And Vienna!!!! You poor thing! What happened? I'm so sorry! But that's awesome that your brothers were out flying kites too! I'm sure you would have gotten the cutest pictures ever! Can't wait to see you! Hey, and about the CH volunteer position- I think the best route for you to go would to just contact their "volunteer coordinator"! Look it up on their website and be sure to let me know if you get in! ~*~ Kami

Leanne said...

Kami~

I always feel a sense of peace in your photos. It's intertwined through every single one. They make me want to take a deep breath and just relax. It's what I love the most about your work.

And one more thing......do you photograph newborns? Please let me know.

You can email me at:
mamas1angel513@msn.com

Kathryn Grace said...

I really like the one of the blue house with the trees... something about the coloring strikes a happy spot in me. :-) Fun photos!