April 2, 2010

Second Hand Fashion Week: Day Five


"Raindrops and Roses"


It's been dumping raindrops here!

I picked up some old sheer valances with soft polka dots at the thrift store here in town. Rose-making was a perfect past time during the wind and rain storm...

Here's what I made~ A Rosed up shirt~



Shirt~ Hillard and Hanson-----Garage sale $1
Old polka dotted valences~ JC Penny's -----thrift store $1.50
________________________________
Total= $2.50



So, dear girls, here's what I did, and I encourage you to give it a try~
~find one of your shirts that you think would look perfect with a little "rose-ing up".
~pick scrap fabric for your roses that matches well or is a perfect contrast.
~cut a strip appx. 2" wide for each rose and however long you want them, depending on the size of rose you are shooting for.
~twist, and then wind the fabric into a plump, round rose-pinwheel.
~hand tack the pinwheeled fabric-rose.
~To finish, hand sew onto shirt with a piece of interfacing behind the rose on the inside of the shirt.

These are so fun to make...little sis even loves to join the rose making.
"These are a few of my favorite things~*~*~*~"



"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands". Proverbs 31:13


6 comments:

Amanda Flynn said...

SO so gorgeous! (I've got to try that myself sometime.) Thanks for sharing! :)

Bisceglia Family said...

Just lovely! Beautiful, creative photos. I really try this, especially ~
~the Fourth Rose

Miss Anna said...

Oh, how clever!! The shirt turned out absolutely beautifully with the roses! =)

~AnneGirl~ said...

lovely!! and SO simple! I really must try this!

Laura said...

I adore this!!!!!! Completely inspired! :D

Tabitha said...

I love it! That is such a cool idea for a top. And it gives such a nice splash of color near your face.