March 28, 2010

Second Hand Fashion Week Starts Tomorrow!

Okay... I've never done anything like this before "but" (that's what they all say ;)) when I saw the announcement for this event last month, I was tickled. I just couldn't pass this up. Because, you see, second-hand is my "right hand" when it comes to shopping. I love it, everything about it. And frankly, it's how I've been raised: no big shopping trips to department stores, just downright, down-to-earth, frugal-ness learned straight from Mom.

Some folks have said that I need never say where I get my outfits ;) , buuuut I haven't bought into that one... Why keep something "hush-hush" when I can use these life lessons to encourage other women to live frugally and more like the woman we find in Proverbs 31? You truly don't have to pay more to dress well.

So! Here I am exposing the real me...thrifted and all!


"Strength and honor are her clothing; she shall rejoice in time to come." Proverbs 31:25

No comments: