March 4, 2010

My Herbfolio: Basil






I am so excited!!! I learned lots today.
I had no clue how much more the simple herb, Basil, could be used for than just Italian cookin' and pesto sauce...



For me, well, for today at least, the most exciting property of Basil?

~Eases overworked muscles.

Yep. Spent too much time lifting my honeybee hives yesterday, and am sorely paying for that today. Let's go chop up my Basil plant and make a relaxing back remedy! Haha!

Leaves:
~mosquito-repellent
~expel worms
~treats ringworm
~snake bite
~insect bites
~acne



Infusion aids digestion and is antibacterial. Inhaling the essential oil refreshes the mind and stimulates a sense of smell dulled by viral infection.
*Basil should be avoided on sensitive skin and during pregnancy.

So much to learn, so much to ponder! It left me feeling...

2 comments:

CFLighthouse said...

This is a great idea!! I'm tempted to start one of my own...
Stephanie

tera said...

Basil is one of my all time favorites! Beautifully done. :)