April 18, 2009

As the Days Grow Longer...

...so do my "to do" lists!

Each new spring, I grow sooooo very happy as I watch my faithful herbs sprout! I always miss them terribly during the long winter... But alas, they finally come with a bright burst of green!

It's my annual endeavor to build a rustic "bent willow" fence around my herb garden. I have a previous post on this fence from 2007!!! ~ http://contentinthecountry.blogspot.com/2007/03/bent-willow-garden-fence.html

Each year, my design is refined and I seem to choose bigger and stronger branches!


After a day of bending and bending countless Vine Maples to soften them to my will, it feels more as if they have bent me back and forth! ;) What could have been more heartwarming than finding my cheery little sis sitting next to a wooden bench with a pink lemon aid stand...just for me!?! Wait...the cups are each labeled. Annie. Ben. Gabe. Kami. Dad.


~How special!~


(No, she's not watering the flowers with lemon aid! The pitcher is filled with water now.) I tremendously enjoyed working with Annie along side of me! She is so tender with the plants, she practically talks to them while she works. ;)

Making signs out of old barn wood to complement our property is a favorite art of mine. I retired my ooold "Thyme began in a Garden" sign (*ahem*, well, actually, to be honest, because a creative brother of mine brushed red paint alllll over the white words, adding quite the special effect! ;) Ahhhh! Oopsies!) :D
and I put up this one:


And now...
I have saved something very, very exciting that I've been dying to share!!!!!!!

READY?!?!


Are you sure?

I mean, I'm serious!

Okay....

Drum roll, please?!?
:D
..........

Today, the guys and I began the construction of a ~*~greenhouse~*~!!!!!


It's all just the very start of one...we didn't get as much finished today as we wanted to, due to the fact that our work was interrupted by the invasion of a black bear!!!! ;) NOT. ;) It's not. Really! When I uploaded this picture everyone thought my dog looked like a black bear. Haha! How could I resist?!

Are you still with me? Okay, good. Don't run away too soon!



~Because I'll be back with progress pictures after these projects have fully flourished! Don't be afraid to come again!

8 comments:

Bisceglia Family said...

Lovely, Kami! Your "curvy" fence is so cute! I adore herb gardens, and have very hopeful prospects of expanding mine/ours this spring. Maybe I should do a blog post when I'm done! What kinds of herbs do you have?

Love & Hugs ~ Kathrina

Morgan said...

What a neat new garden venture, Kam! :D I think a greenhouse will be a good addition to to "RR ranch". Loved the fence and pics of Annie, too. :)

Miss Anna said...

Your photography is just lovely, Kami!!! I so enjoy it! :D

Jolie Christine said...

What fun!--new spring plants, bent willow fences-- aaaand new green house! How exciting. =) I love your photos, they're so neat.
In answer to your question...yes, we really do have an amazing gift in the friendship of Johanna. She is such an amazing, Godly young woman...I love her to death. ;)
Happy gardening! =D
~Jolie

Bisceglia Family said...

Georgous pictures, Kami! I'm stopping by to wish you a birthday as joyous and vibrant as one of these bright spring days!

With love, Krista

Laura said...

Aw!! I admire people with such happy green thumbs! :D I sadly missed out on that one . . . lol. But my sister is very talented in gardening.

I love your posts . . . they are so happy and REAL. :)

KRP said...

Oh, how deliciously SPRINGY this post is! :) I do love your herb garden - so darling! It makes me want to garden again...

Love,
KRP

SisterlyLove said...

Oh! I love reading your posts! You do such a lovely job on them! It makes me feel like I'm reading Little Women or something. =] I love your herb garden! It's so pretty and such a happy thought. =]
Love you!
~Marguerite