January 27, 2009

A New Civil War Dress for Annie


My Christmas present to her, which was sewn in secret...
...Or, more accurately, just sewn discretely as possible.
She's pretty smart. ;)


She is in love with it, I have observed.
Not a week has gone by since Christmas day when the little green dress is not worn by the sweet little girl.


Yesterday, the kids created their own little camp. When Annie came inside for a moment, Daddy asked her, "So, are you getting your new dress all broken in for its first reenacting season?" ... Confused and troubled by the word "broken" she shook her head, and told him she didn't want to break it. After Dad explained what "broken in" means, her face lit up and she said with a smile, "Oh!!! Ya!!! ...you mean get it all smell-y!!?" Haha!!! She knows reenacting all too well, and I think she spent too much of the day under the influence of her brothers. ;)



The buttons: all uniquely different. Porcelain, metal, wooden.



...my favorite being the little red, wooden button on the waistband~


9 comments:

Adelheide said...

Oh the dress is so beautiful, and your sister is just darling! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how SWEET! I love seeing your creations, Kami (hint, hint :D).

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me (Kristin) by the way!

=)

Melanie said...

A beautiful dress and beautiful photography!! Thank you for your sweet comment to me (this is Melanie A. from the S&S forum, btw ;-) ) May the Lord bless you as you serve Him!

Hannah said...

AWW! The dress is adorable! Sometimes I wish I had a younger sister to dress up! :D And Annie is darling, just like Heidi said! :)

flowergardengirl said...

Your blog is beautiful. I've been looking through your photography and enjoying the way you describe life. So nice to have been your way today and had a chance to look through the lens of your camera.

SisterlyLove said...

Oh! So adorable!
I love the fabric and buttons you used. Very creative! =]
~Marguerite

Laura said...

This dress is beauitful!!! :D Little sisters must be so fun.

Morgan said...

What an adorable dress! I love the buttons, too, and the print of the fabric is so cute. I'm sure sweet Annie loved it. Love you, Kam! :)