April 6, 2008

Gone Fishin'



So, I woke up Saturday morning with the projects I hoped to work on that day fresh on my mind...Just then a bubbling bunch of kids were flying around in sheer joy. And before my feet hit the floor, I was informed:
Dad just said we're goin' fishin'.

So I contemplated back and forth...
Projects?
Fishing?
Me?
Family?
How could I resist? I had to go!


We brought along our row boat,"Katie-Jane".
She's been in the family since way back!


And, boy, were they jumpin'!




It was pretty cold and rainy...Dad had to stop by "Hot Shots" for a triple shot Vanilla Late'. (But I think this picture is evidence that Kess swiped it...aaaHA!!)


Actually, there was already inches of snow on the ground where we were at the pond! Yeah, a sign had a picture of "litter" with an x through it, pretty simple...Although I jumped out of the truck only to find this:

It was so cold I had to run around the hiking trails to warm up.

But it was so beautiful that I cared less about my frozen toes and more to my camera.

10 comments:

elizabeth said...

Great pictures, Kami!! You do such a wonderful job!!
Love and Hugs,
~Elizabeth

HannahC said...

Ooh! The pictures look great, and it looks (and sounds :D )like you all had a great time!

Bisceglia Family said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like you all had a lot of fun even with the weather. We too have been having wintery weather ever since the spring equinox! When will spring really come do you think?
Blessings!
Sarah

Liv said...

aawww, Fishing Looks like fun. I love fishing. I like the picture of the Coke can,really neat.
God Bless,
Liv

Amber said...

Oh Kami! Those are great! I love the look of the water! I can just imagine how much fun you all must have had! What a wonderful idea to make delightful memories!

Amber

abby said...

ok, i love love the water in the last picture!!!! what settings did you have your camera on?

Morgan said...

Gorgeous photos, Kam! Looks like y'all had a great time. :) I hope you all are doing well. Love you!

Miss C the Second said...

Thanks, you guys! I always love to hear others' thoughts! =)

Abby- I had it on the TV setting (time value) and I think this one was only a 2 second exposure...I think the dark forest helped from making it turn out too bright. ;) I love trying that stuff out with water, it's great!

The Jantzen family said...

Beautiful pics Kami!! Looks like you all had a great time!

Miss C the Second said...

You bet!
We had blast, and I am very thankful that these wonderful times are in my memories...