August 22, 2007

My Baptism

It reminds me of a white rose-
a white dove-
and a pure white heart.
I think of a smile and a tear, old and new, dry and wet all at the same time.
I can feel a heart beating in my chest with confidence in what it is beating for.

It all comes back to Christ. He is the answer. He is the reason! I never would have been able to walk into the water with one step of faith, if God’s love wasn’t so sure in my heart. I know His love. It is not foreign to me, but has proved itself personal.



Only when I follow His direction can I experience His amazing grace. My quietest thoughts are heard and my unsaid prayers are answered.
He has filled my heart with His joy!
My special friends (Sarah&David) and I were baptized by their Dad on August 19 in their beautiful pond. The clouds parted and the Son shone brightly!



"The light is pleasant, and it is good for the eyes to see the sun. Indeed, if a man should live many years, let him rejoice in them all, and let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many." Ecclesiastes 11:7-8

1 comment:

The Ulmer Family said...

Oh, I so remember the day I was baptized!!
Miss You, Kami!!
Love,
~Elizabeth